Along with the standard rules of Fandom, we at the Dark Series Wiki ask that you also follow these rules for our wiki as well.
- Keep it civil: Do not make personal attacks on other people. If you need to criticize another user’s argument, do so without attacking them as a person. Do not use bigoted language, including slurs which degrade another person or group of people based on gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, etc.
- No bullying: If you feel that someone is attacking you for any reason, please contact an admin/mod to let them know. They can act as a mediator if need be. However, if the admin/mod is unable to help resolve the issue civilly, action will be taken in one or both parties being banned.
- No need to be rude: If a mod/admin/other user changes something and you don't agree with the change, talk with them to ask why. Do not be rude about it. It is not necessary to be rude over the issue. Just as with bullying, someone outside of the issue (another mod/admin preferably) can come mediate the situation. If no compromise can be found, or rudeness continues, one or both parties may be banned for a short time for their heads to cool. If this does not help, a longer ban may be put in place.
- Be a productive member of the wiki: Contribute to the wiki in line with the established processes and conventions. Need help? Ask an administrator! Disrupting the wiki with “edit warring” over differing opinions of a topic with another user or group of users is not productive.
- Do not engage in excessive self-promotion: The wiki is a collaborative community resource for the topic at hand. It is NOT a free place to advertise your related website, YouTube channel, blog, social media account, etc. Have a question about whether your link would be welcome? Ask an administrator!
- Do not harass other users: If somebody asks you to stop posting certain content on their wall, respect their wishes. It is their wall. As with bullying, continuing to do so after the harassed party has contacted a mod/admin and after a warning will result in a ban.
- No arguing in the comments: If you have an issue or complaint with another user, please do not do so in the comments. The comments are for everyone to talk together and express their opinions and ideas. If something offends you, talk with the person in a civil manner, and ask an admin/mod for help if needed.
- Do follow community guidelines for formatting: When a community has established formatting, it’s important to adhere to that, especially when spoiler content is involved.
- Don't add categories everywhere: Ask an admin/mod before adding a category to a page or multiple pages. This is because too many categories can look unclean and clunky. The current categories are put in place to allow for easier tracking of pages.
- Stick to the facts: The Dark Series Wiki is based in facts only. Rumors and speculations do not belong on pages outside of blog and talk pages. If you have proof for the information, and feel it needs to go to the Updates, tell a mod/admin with a link to the page you found the information on. If you add new information to a page, please add a link to the site you found it.
- Exceptions are video descriptions, book synopsis, and author/director/producer notes. These are often found on official pages for videos/books and do not need references.
- Don't vandalize pages: Removing large portions of a page to put profanity and/or adding inappropriate pictures is discouraged. There could be users that find things of that nature highly offensive and Fandom does not approve of sexualized material.
- Pay attention to image usage: Don't add pictures that do not have anything to do with the page's topic. A book cover or video thumbnail/screenshot is fine, but copyrighted images or images containing celebrity images are discouraged, even if you feel they work. Ask an admin about images if you wish to add them, and try to use royalty free images for pages for characters/items/etc. Fan art is encouraged so long as it is realistic if created for a page. If you are told that the image can't be added to a page, or it doesn't follow the rules stated here, users are free to add them to their user page and blog pages.
- Keep it classy: Just because a book/video may imply "special" scenarios does not mean you add it here. If you must add something of that nature to help others learn about a character, keep it PG. There is no need for details on such sensitive topics.
As mentioned in some of the rules, admins/mod will give a warning to those that do not follow the rules. There are exceptions, such as a 24-hour ban if things are getting heated between 2+ users or if a user is needlessly rude. Any ban longer than one day will come with a warning so that the user is aware. This wiki also believes in giving users a few chances, but any user that continues to disregard the rules after 5 warnings, admins/mods will take drastic measures and talk to Fandom Staff to do a more permanent ban.
- 24-Hours: Used to allow heads to cool if users are arguing or for unnecessary rudeness. No warning need be given.
- 3 Days: First warning.
- 1 Week: Second warning.
- 2 Weeks: Third warning.
- 1 Month: Fourth warning.
- 3 Months: Fifth and final warning. Continued disregard will cause admins/mods to get Fandom Staff involved for a permanent ban on the offending user(s).